• The Site does not require children or any visitor to provide their name, address, or other contact information in order to watch cartoons or to play the games on the Site. However, the Site does collect personal information in limited circumstances including IP addresses and other persistent identifiers for internal operations purposes and email addresses (typically for one-time use of that information, such as to respond to a child’s request or allow a child to enter a sweepstakes). The Site does also may collect personal information from parents and other adults, such as when the parent subscribes to a paid account.
• In order to make portions of the Site available for free, we have advertisements on the Site. We work with ad companies to facilitate the placement of these advertisements. However, we use only contextual-advertising methods and not “online behavioral” or “targeted” advertising methods.
• The Site, and its third-party service and content providers, may gather IP address, usage data and other information for analytical and other internal-operations purposes by means of cookies, beacons and other technologies.
1. The Information We Collect and How We Use It
At ToonGoggles, it is our policy to create website content that requires minimum collection of information from our visitors. This section describes the information that the Site collects.
A. Personal Information
“Personal Information” is information that could reasonably be used to contact you or to identify you personally (for example, full name, mailing address, email address, or telephone number). Personal Information also includes your IP address or other unique identifier (“Device Identifier”) that is associated, on a persistent or on-going basis, with your computer, mobile phone or other device (any, a “Device”) you use to access the Site.
The Site automatically collects the Device Identifier of the Device you use to access the Site. The Site does not generally collect name, address, or other contact information from visitors who play games on the Site. However, we and our third-party service and content providers may collect your Device Identifier when you visit the Site. We, and our third-party service providers, use this information solely to support the Site’s internal operations, including providing Site content; maintaining, securing, and analyzing the functioning of the Site; and serving contextual advertisements. We may also ask users of the Site to provide their email address as part of the registration process. Email addresses collected on the registration form will not be stored in a retrievable form but instead will be immediately and irrevocable ciphered using a "hash" to create a unique code generated from the email address. We will retain the resulting unique code in order to respond to inquiries from the user regarding a lost user name or password.
We may also, on limited occasions, collect from a child name and/or online contact information (typically an email address), solely for the following purposes:
(1) We may collect email address and first name for user-requested activities that require only one-time use of that information, such as to respond to a direct request, to enter a sweepstakes or contest, or when using the Site’s forward-to-a-friend function. For example, for sweepstakes and contests, email addresses are collected for the purpose of entering the online sweepstakes or contest on a one-time basis and are used to notify winners of the sweepstakes or contests once by email. Such information collected is used only to fulfill the specific one-time purposes and is deleted immediately thereafter.
(2) For the sole purpose of any of the following: to protect the security or integrity of the Site; to take precautions against liability; to respond to judicial process; and, to the extent permitted under other provisions of law, to provide information to law enforcement agencies or for an investigation on a matter related to public safety.
If the Site offers a feature that collects Personal Information from children in addition to the information described above, ToonGoggles will provide the user’s parent with prior notice of the Site’s privacy practices and obtain the parent's consent to the collection of such user’s Personal Information.
ToonGoggles does not condition a child's participation in any of our online activities on the disclosure of more information than is reasonably necessary to participate in the activity.
In some cases, we will collect Personal Information from a parent or other adult, such as in connection with his or her registration for a premium-account subscription with the Site, which requires payment in the form of a credit or debit card. We will use Personal Information collected from adults to process the transaction; to provide information, products or services that you have agreed to receive or that we otherwise believe will interest you, including information and special offers from us and our third party business partners and communications regarding your account; for internal business purposes; and as disclosed at the time you provide your information, with your consent.
B. Other Information
Some features on the Site may ask users to provide certain information that is not personally identifiable, such as city or state of residence, date of birth and gender. (Such demographic information is referred to collectively, along with Usage Information (defined below), as “Non-Personal Information.”) We may use Non-Personal Information for a variety of purposes, including enhancing or otherwise improving the Site. Non-Personal Information is generally non-identifying, but, if we associate it with you as an identifiable individual, we will treat it as Personal Information.
While we may collect the birth dates of users of the Site, we use that information only for our own internal purposes and it is not associated with Personal Information. Additionally, we do not use the collection of birthdates to “age gate” the service or block portions of the Site from users who identify themselves as children.
When visitors come to our Site, we and our third-party service providers also may automatically collect some non-personally identifiable information such as the type of computer operating system you are using (e.g., Microsoft Windows or Mac OS), the type of browser you are using (e.g., Internet Explorer, Firefox), the domain name of the Internet service provider you are using (e.g., America On Line, Earthlink), your activity while visiting our Site (e.g., which of our pages you have viewed, the cartoons viewed, and the advertisements you have been shown) (“Usage Information”).
C. Collection Methods/Tracking Technologies
We, our third-party service providers and/or partners may also use Tracking Technologies, such as cookies, to manage and measure the performance of advertisements displayed on or delivered by or through the Site. Moreover, we, our third-party service providers and/or our partners may use Tracking Technologies to monitor the behavior and collect data about the visitors viewing a web page.
In addition to the Tracking Technologies, log data collected on our web servers supply us with aggregate Usage Information about the number of visits to different pages on our site. We use such aggregate Usage Information to improve access to content based on our visitors' browsers and operating system types to make our content available to as many users as possible.
help/settings_manager.html. Please be aware, however, that blocking cookies and other Tracking Technologies will affect your online experience and may prevent you from enjoying the full features offered at our Site. Please know that certain areas and features of the Site can only be accessed in conjunction with cookies, Flash cookies, or other similar devices and you should be aware that disabling cookies or similar devices may prevent you from accessing some of our content.
2. Third-Party Ad Servers and Service Providers
We may use third parties to serve or present the ads that appear on our Site, to conduct research about the advertisements, to provide content or facilitate the operation of the Site, and to provide us with information regarding traffic to and use of the Site. These third parties may view, edit or set their own Tracking Technologies to help present content and advertisements, to measure and research the advertisements' effectiveness, and to gather Usage Information and other information about the functioning of the Site. As a result, these third parties may have access to Non-Personal Information, such as Usage Information, and your Device Identifier (but Device Identifier will be used only to support internal operations).
3. Disclosure of Information
ToonGoggles does not disclose the Device Identifiers or other Personal Information collected from children to third parties, except with regard to the safety and security of the Site as discussed above, and to service providers who provide support for the internal operations of the Site and who do not disclose or use the Personal Information for any other purpose. These service providers may provide support services such as hosting the Site, designing and/or operating the Site's features, or performing other administrative services. ToonGoggles may provide these companies with access to Personal Information in order for them to carry out the services they are performing on ToonGoggles behalf. We require these service providers to keep the information confidential and to use it only for the specific services they are performing.
4. Links to Other Sites
Our Site may contain links to other websites, including those of advertisers, whose information practices may be different from ours. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for the privacy or data-collection practices of any third party.
5. International Transfer
We have put in place commercially reasonable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures in an effort to safeguard and help prevent unauthorized access, maintain data security, and correctly use the information we collect online. However, no data transmission over the Internet, wireless transmission, or electronic storage of information can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Please note that we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information we collect. You use our Site and provide us with your information at your own risk.
7. Parental Access
ToonGoggles’ goal is to help parents ensure that their children have a safe and fun online experience. If you are a parent, you can contact ToonGoggles at the contact information specified below if you would like to review any Personal Information we have collected about your child, have this information deleted, and/or request that there be no further collection or use of your child's information.
8. Contact Us
Toon Goggles, Inc.
20251 Ventura blvd. Ste. B
Woodland Hills, CA 91364
Telephone: (888) 874-5411